Pork Roast & Kale Stew

I got a new Crock Pot yesterday so I had to give it a test run today! It's cool for Florida today and I'm still getting a feel for my new low carb regiment so I decided on a hearty stew.


Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:
  • 1.5 lb pork roast
  • 1 large yellow onion, peeled & halved
  • 2 large carrots, peeled and coarsley chopped
  • 3 large celery stalks, chopped
  • 2 cups of raw kale, chopped
  • 2 cups chicken stock
  • Salt, to taste 
  • Black or cayenne pepper, to taste

Directions:
 
This recipe is intended to be prepared in a medium sized Crock Pot.
Put the pork roast in the crock pot completely whole. Add in halved onion, raw carrots & celery, and kale. (If you are a kale-lover, you can add an additional cup without affecting the flavor at all.) Pour stock on top. Turn the Crock Pot on high and cook for four (4) hours. After four hours, turn off and shred the pork in the broth. (If you prefer, you can add a pinch of salt and/or black or cayenne pepper at this point.) Stir and then let it sit for half an hour and then serve.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This looks really good! I'll definitely try it; I love kale and make it all the time plus add it to soup!
Thanks for posting the recipe:-)

Vanessa said...

Yum, this looks awesome!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Swidget 1.0

Followers