Bailey

I entered a contest about notes that made a difference. Here's my little entry- it's a true story.

During my later teenage years my family lived in an area near several dog racing tracks. I saw a story about what happened to some of the retired greyhounds. My dad had promised the family a dog when we finally owned a house and I decided we were going to rescue one of the former race dogs. I wrote a ton of little notes about adopting a greyhound and hid them all over the house. They were in cereal boxes, on pillows, under the toilet seats, in a glove box, in coat pockets- just everywhere! Soon after we made an appointment and brought home a wonderful pet that we loved for many years. Bailey was one of their older dogs so these notes may have saved his life.

Bad Bug (or breath) Bailey from the Gandy Racetrack

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Swidget 1.0

Followers