Planning the Day

 I always love finding stained glass.
 It’s one of my favorite things to sell!

 When you are self-employed, it can be very easy to have the day slip by and not have accomplished much besides surfing social media, catching up on TV shows and eating snacks uninterruptedly, lol. I have to guard myself in this regard as I am fairly distractible. 

  I have to structure my day in a way that works with my natural algorithm. I’m not a morning person but I have to take the kids to school so I found that running errands while I’m already up and out works best. My brain is more awake and focused in the afternoon so that’s generally when I list. Dinner time is family time when we all gather at the dining room table so that is a consistent part of the day- and I’m the only chef. After that I go to the gym and get my self-care in. This the a general structure of my week days. 

  As far as sourcing goes, I do try and structure that around where I have to be anyway. This morning I am having brunch with my best girlfriends in a quaint local town nearby. I’m going to take advantage of being there to walk around and see if any stores there would be a good fit for me and are accepting vendors. I also see these shops as an opportunities  to pick up well priced inventory. 

  Because of my plans, I switched things up and did research and posted several high value listings on eBay. Flexibility and working with what the day brings me is also a big part of maximizing my time. There’s not one set structure that works for everyone, but I think a big part of not getting burned out is finding ways that both agree with your nature and pull the best results out of your efforts. This is working for me now, but I will have to switch it up in the summer- and that’s fine! We should always give ourselves the freedom to go with whatever is working for ourselves in the moment, but be ready to change when it’s not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Swidget 1.0

Followers