Beginning Again… Again



My room in Safety Harbor, FL

 Well, it seems I have 470 blog posts already and I really thought maybe there was only a dozen still up. I’ve had this blog for pretty much a decade, maybe longer, and I keep reinventing it and leaving the old stuff too. I don’t know how wise that is since I have changed a great deal and find some of my older post to be judgmental and hyper religious which I am not anymore, ha ha ha. So my intent now is to chronicle my time as a full-time vintage and antique dealer. It’s going to be a part journal, part informational.

Here’s where I am now: I quit my full-time day job to pursue dealing full-time. I am currently contracting a room at the Safety Harbor Galleria here in Florida. I also have three online Etsy shops and two eBay businesses. I sell from Instagram and Facebook as well. My goals, and what I will write about on here, is getting into a couple more local stores and listing and selling enough inventory to close down my storage unit and clear out the inventory I keep in my home. I would love to get to the place where I source and immediately list and don’t have “dead piles“. (Dead piles is a morbid term for inventory that is just sitting around waiting to be listed but that you never seem to get to.)

Today I have already been to the shop and set up a new jewelry display that I hope will encourage more sales. I’ve made jewelry for years and I also have a penchant for vintage pieces so I’m hoping this is a good way to display both.

This vintage style frame has a padded burlap background. I’m using golden pearl headed pins to keep the jewelry on the board.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Swidget 1.0

Followers