Why I Write




I see my blog as practice for writing with the ultimate goal of maybe one day writing a book. I’m not going to say I had a horrible childhood. But some of the things I’ve experienced as a girl, specifically in my preteen and teen years, I think many girls would still relate to and if I’m honest, I’m still affected by these things and I think other women might be too. The kind of book I want to write is going to be aimed at girls in the younger part of their life. I want to encourage those who are having a rough time and questioning their worth and kind of make a How to Survive those years type book. I’ve also thought about writing a book about female friendships. That would be more of a musing sort of book as I am far from figuring that out entirely. The problem is I don’t have a lot of confidence about my writing. My grammar is sketchy and sometimes I have a hard time putting my thoughts together in a conversational and well plotted out manner. That’s what I’m trying to work on.


Sometimes friends will get concerned about things I write. I have a list of topics that I draw from. It could be things from many years ago. It could be things I’m currently going through. It could actually be something inspired by someone I know socially or things I see on social media. I try to go about it from a self analytical place as there’s nothing worse than being overly opinionated and completely un-self-aware. My favorite moments are when a phrase will just repeat in my head and I can form a small poem about it or have it as the centerpiece of an essay.


I wrote this particular post mainly to say don’t take everything I write as being reflective of what is going on in my life in that very moment. If it strikes a chord with you, I’m glad, I want to write things that are relatable. If I say things you disagree with, that’s OK too. I hate arguing, especially online, but I respect that we each have different backgrounds and opinions. I reject the idea that we are all perfect (don’t confuse that with being of worth) just the way we are, so know that upfront. I think we all, our entire lives, have things we can work on to improve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Swidget 1.0

Followers