Richarme Autumn 2015 Collection

I'm so excited to have put together a fall collection this year! I'm the sort of person that has to be really inspired to create things. As the school year started and summer drew to an end, I had very mixed feelings and that's why there are several elements to the collection. 


When I came across the pottery beads, I was just immediately drawn to the dappled speckling. Initially they reminded me of whale shark skin. As I worked with them though, I got more of a cozy kitchen crockery feel and I just had this image of snuggling up with a book and an afghan and a mug of something delicious. That's my inspiration for the first part of the collection.

Available at Richarme.Etsy.com

My favorite autumn activity is antique shopping, especially open air markets or streets just full of  thrift and vintage shops. I love vintage books, vintage jewelry, vintage china... This year I've absolutely loved all the images of blue & white chinoiserie on my Instagram feed. I'd been hanging onto some Chinese beads in that color palette and I just felt like the time was right to debut them. 

Available at Richarme.Etsy.com


I really debated about the last part of the collection as it's not really a traditional fall theme. Here's why I decided to go ahead with it: this was a good summer for us- lots of time with friends and family. We spent half the summer swimming! Every day was a potential beach day and we kept a very loose schedule. Part of moving into the fall is leaving behind summer and I don't feel ready for that this year so I wanted to keep part of it with me. Gold is a nostalgic color so I wanted to edge beach shells in that- almost like sepia toned photos. It also gives each shell a polished look so that it can be worn with both casual and more structured clothing.

Available at Richarme.Etsy.com

The entire collection is live in my Etsy shop, so please go check it out! I only have two of the blue & white bead necklaces left, so hurry over if you're interested in those.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Swidget 1.0

Followers