Anticipation

Bad night last night... me, not Jane. I had some sort of stomach ailment that kept me in such pain I didn't get much sleep. I felt better when I woke up, just exhausted. Still I wanted to go to church, so I powered through the morning. I'm so glad I did because an old friend and hockey buddy turned up with his new lady friend. We did lunch with them and some of our other good friends. We were supposed to go to the beach that night, but it was stormy at our house so we ended up skipping it, much to my disappointment.  That disappointment put me in a bad mental state and I really let myself dwell on several other slights and let downs from last week. My thoughts are not in a good place right now. I hope the start of a new week will help me move past it.

Tomorrow is Julian's first day of kindergarten. His uniform is all laid out. His backpack is fully loaded and his lunch bag is full. I can't think of anything else we need to do to prepare. Jason's going into work later so we both get to be part of this big day.

Tomorrow is all about Julian, so here's a Jane picture:

The lighting gives this a mysterious feel!

This dress is a hand-me-down from a sweet cousin. Some people would turn up their noses at "used" baby clothes, but I think they're great. I feel like it's a connection between the babies of close friends and family and part of the village raising a child.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, she's gorgeous! And I cannot believe Julian is now school-aged! YAY!!! Can't wait to see first day pictures :)

L said...

I hope this week starts looking up for you soon! Gosh, your little Jane is so cute! Good luck to Master Julian on his first week of Kindergarten! (my husband always loved that as a boy, his "title" was "Master" ;) LoL!).

(Ri)Charmed said...

Lisa- I occasionally call him "young master"!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Swidget 1.0

Followers