Grandpa

from Wednesday, June 13, 2012~

Julian and my cute niece, Trinity

Finally got over to see Grandpa Weeks. He looks so different from just 6 months ago. He's in pain, he's tired. He is aware, but not himself at all. I never thought I'd miss his curmudgeon-like ways, but what I wouldn't give to hear one of his grouchy retorts now. 

Joy is leaving today. It will be weird without all the kids running around and laughing. Yesterday we went through lots of boxes of old costume  and fashion jewelry my grandmother left. It was fun, but also sad. I don't know how long I will grieve her passing, but it's helped to remember things she wore and just talk about who she was. None of our friends in Florida ever knew her enough to reminisce with me.

posted under , , , , , |

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Swidget 1.0

Followers