Walk Away

 Like one who grabs a stray dog by the ears
   is someone who rushes into a quarrel not their own.
Proverbs 26:17

So it's probably not a good thing to grab a strange dog by the ears? Just kidding... I wouldn't even try that with a cat or armadillo. It's such a good visual though. If you take up someone else's issue or quarrel, you will get bit in all likelihood. And if you are lucky not to, then your hand is still going to stink. Nothing positive can come of it. We all know this, but why is it so hard not to get involved? There's a delicate balance between being a friend- a good listener and supporter- and taking up the complaint or offense too. I don't know where that line is always. I know I've crossed it many times though! Some things I can trace directly back to the source, but other times it gets muddled.  I need to pray for the Holy Spirit to give me more discernment in this area.

posted under |

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Swidget 1.0

Followers