Having It All




  Today is the sort of day that I go to bed a little early for. Days like today are what I had in mind when I launched away from a more structured day. Here’s the rundown: take kids to breakfast, dropped them off at school in Largo, heading home to ship out eBay orders, do an hour workout class at the gym, go to a St Pete museum with a friend, pick the kids up from school, make dinner for them, date night with my husband in Tarpon Springs, see a friend’s band play, end up at the local karaoke bar. And if there’s gaps in that- a little free time, I will list things. I try to list or update two items every single day.

  There’s a great debate among women today about if you can really “have it all“. I think it comes down to what you consider “having it all“. For me, it’s having time for the important people in my life, making a living doing what I love & having time to enjoy beautiful moments whether that’s a solitary walk on the beach or a cultural experience or a girls weekend away. I think it’s easy to see that time is what matters the most to me, and the ability to make the most of that time, which, let’s be honest, requires funds often. 

  I think the biggest struggle in my “have it all“ is my earning keeping up with my spending. It’s my biggest source of stress. But I’m working on this. I’m reading books and taking suggestions from people who do this well and I’m learning as I go and I don’t let my stress overwhelm me. Three authors who have helped me a great deal in balance (and the second two in business as well) are: Eckhart Tolle, Tony Robbins, and Traci Bild. It’s easy to feel alone when you’re self-employed, reading helps and also gives outside perspectives and ideas. I highly recommend carving out 20-30 minutes to read every day. I’m working on that too! 

posted under |

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Swidget 1.0

Followers