Strange Currencies, Story 2

(Need this? Get it at iamsonotcool!)
Strange Currencies, Story 2

Here is the second installment of my “spooky” stories! (Go back to my first Strange Currencies post for more of an explanation.) 

I’m going way back to my junior high years. Ouija boards were never allowed in my house and were a taboo thing in my family. Naturally when a friend suggested we consult the Ouija board to find out if the cute boy the next block over liked either one of us, I was excited to see what the hype was all about. Secular rock music was also not permitted at my house, so when the same friend offered to dub the latest Def Leppard tape (yes, I’m old), I was down for that too. We set the tapes doing  their thing and got out the Ouija board.

At first I was pretty sure my friend was pushing the planchette. When whoever, or whatever, claimed to be that boy and even provided the right name,  I started feeling it a little more, but again I thought my friend was probably influencing that. She, of course, swore she wasn’t doing anything. I’m a skeptic by nature, but an open minded one. We asked for proof, like describing the house he lived in, which it did. Then we asked it to call us if it was real. That didn’t happen and eventually we ran out of questions to ask and we stopped getting clear responses. We ended it halfway through the tape recording and moved on to something else.
When the recording finished, we rewound it and listened to make sure everything had transferred. During the third song (which would have been right around the time that we asked the Ouija board to call us), we heard a phone ring six times. We looked at each other and were shocked because the phone had never audibly rang the whole time we were together that afternoon. We’d been waiting for it to and would have noticed. We thought maybe the song had had it in it and we’d never noticed before, so we listened to the original tape- there is no phone ringing.

We both arrived at the conclusion that it had to be connected. I was floored and weirded out, which is not crazy considering this was my first interaction with the Ouija board. My friend, who had used it many times and was pretty tough (for a junior high girl anyway), was equally shaken. The fact that she was so affected really freaked me out. To this day, I haven’t messed with a Ouija board again and I’m left with the belief that it is more than just a game. While my interaction was pretty harmless, I don’t want to open certain lines of communication, especially not knowing what’s on the other side.

I’m curious what other people think about  Ouija boards and if any of you have had odd experiences with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Swidget 1.0

Followers