Strange Currencies, Story 1

I’ve really gotten into podcast lately as I can listen at work. I love the spooky story ones the best. Now I am a skeptic- ask my coworkers because when we listen together I’m always debating the side of “it could be their imagination“ or trying to find ways to explain away the supernatural. I don’t know why I do this, especially when I myself have had some interesting supernatural happenings. I actually question my own experiences, but it’s fun to share, so if you’re a little skeptical too, I can’t blame you or take offense.
I’m going to share something that happened to me that was very meaningful. I actually have three or four stories that I’m going to share over time but I just really want to start with this one because it was so sweet and timely. Also, it’s not very spooky or scary which also makes it a nice one to start with.
My grandmother died around my birthday. I was involved in a theatrical production at the time and could not leave that or afford to go up to her funeral. I felt terrible about not being there to support my mother or to be able to say a final goodbye. I thought about it a lot and was very emotional about that.
About a month after she passed I had an incredibly lucid dream. I was at her house up in Missouri. It was the house that my mom and her siblings grew up in, that they ran the family business out of it. I was just sort of wandering around and I happened into a room where there was a TV. The TV was turned on but just had static on it. I stood there for a minute wondering why it was on and then I distinctly heard my grandmother’s voice. She told me that she felt so good now, that she was so happy to be rid of her horrible migraines. I was speechless, but she continued that it was fine that I wasn’t at her funeral. She’s then said she just wanted me to know and that she had a few more things to do before she went but that she just wanted me to not beat myself up about not going. That was the end of the voice. 
I went back to the next room and my grandfather was sitting on the couch and I smiled at him. And he said to me, She came to you too? I was so overwhelmed that I wasn’t the only one that I could only smile at him and we just shared a moment.

When I woke up I had such a feeling of peace and comfort. Since that dream I’ve never felt a moment of sadness or regret when I think about her passing or funeral. Maybe a dream is just a dream, but this was so real- it really felt like a message to me. I don’t know if it was from her or God or my subconscious but I needed it so badly. It was truly a gift, however it came about. 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Use your local credit union for one of the best rates.

Anonymous said...

Incredible! This blog looks just like my old one! It's
on a totally different topic but it has pretty much the same page layout and design. Excellent choice of colors!

Anonymous said...

Very descriptive article, I liked that bit. Will there be a part
2?

Anonymous said...

Have you ever considered about including a little bit more than just your articles?
I mean, what you say is fundamental and all. However just imagine if you added
some great images or video clips to give your posts more, "pop"!
Your content is excellent but with images and videos, this site could
definitely be one of the best in its field. Very good blog!

Anonymous said...

First of all I would like to say wonderful blog!
I had a quick question that I'd like to ask if you don't mind.
I was interested to know how you center yourself and clear your
mind prior to writing. I've had trouble clearing my thoughts in getting my ideas out there.
I do take pleasure in writing however it just seems like the
first 10 to 15 minutes are lost simply just trying to figure out how to begin. Any recommendations or hints?
Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I need to to thank you for this excellent read!!
I definitely loved every little bit of it. I've got you saved as a
favorite to look at new stuff youu post…

Anonymous said...

I'm really enjoying the design and layout of your website.
It's a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more pleasant for
me to come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a developer to create your theme?

Great work!

Anonymous said...

I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was great.
I don't know who you are but certainly you're going to
a famous blogger if you are not already ;) Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Do you mind if I quote a few of your posts as long as I provide credit and sources back to your weblog?

My blog site is in the very same niche as yours and my visitors would certainly benefit from some of the information you present here.

Please let me know if this ok with you. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting, You're a very skilled blogger.
I have joined your rss feed and look forward to seeking more of your great post.
Also, I have shared your web site in my social networks!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I could have sworn I've been to this blog before but after reading through some of the post I realized it's new to me.
Anyhow, I'm definitely happy I found it and I'll be bookmarking and checking back
frequently!

Anonymous said...

Woow that was unusual. I just wrote an incredibly
long comment but after I clicked submit my ccomment didn't show up.
Grrrr... wwll I'm noot writing all that over again. Anyway, just wanted to say superb blog!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Swidget 1.0

Followers