R & R

Sunday, April 29th~



   We all need days to just relax. Thanks to my in-laws, who took Julian for the night, Jason and I got to sleep in a little before heading to service. We had a leisurely lunch with them and then just relaxed the afternoon away. Our community group meets in the evening so we wrapped up the day with that. It was much needed. God knew what He was doing when he gave us a day of rest!

Genesis 2:2
On the seventh day God had finished his work of creation, so he rested from all his work.

Matthew 11:28–30 
Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

Psalm 37:7
Rest in the LORD and wait patiently for Him; Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way, Because of the man who carries out wicked schemes.

Hebrews 4:9-11
There remains therefore a Sabbath rest for the people of God. For the one who has entered His rest has himself also rested from his works, as God did from His. Let us therefore be diligent to enter that rest, lest anyone fall through following the same example of disobedience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Swidget 1.0

Followers