Birthday Musings

It's my birthday! Woke up with horrid cramps, didn't get my  morning coffee and the only thing in the mailbox was my a hospital bill from my last miscarriage in December. Not the day I'd hoped for, but it's still a good day because I have love in my life and hope in my heart. I did have a killer weekend so I'm not complaining about birthday acknowledgement. Tonight when J gets home, we are going to go claim a free birthday dinner. A friend volunteered to take Julian, so that's another sweet birthday gift. J's sister gave me a bottle of my favorite wine yesterday so we even have something delicious to toast the day with. 
Some days start off unpleasantly in ways that we can't control, but we always have the choice to remember the good things that have happened and look forward to the good things to come. We don't have to fall into the Pit of Despair.

From birth I have relied on you; you brought me forth from my mother's womb. I will ever praise you. -Psalm 71:6

posted under |

2 comments:

osovictoria said...

Well, Happy birthday and enjoy your dinner, may the joyful days ahead bless you!

Warmly, Victoria

GingerPeachT said...

Oh goodness, im right there with you on having cramps. Yuck!
But I hope your bday turned out to be great! :-)

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Swidget 1.0

Followers