More Hope for a Fool

Ugh... I'm feeling really disrespected by someone and I'm doing my best not to shoot them a fiery email. I have grounds to and in my brain I've formulated a scathing and factual description of what went down. But... I'm not sure it would do anything to better the situation or would in any way advance the kingdom of God, so I'm just waiting for my anger to subside before I address things. 

As I'm thinking about what I needed to say, I start thinking about all the times I've emailed or texted in anger and how it never makes the problem any better. So I'm just praying and asking for wisdom. Kind of randomly I came across Ecclesiastes 10:12. It says, The words of a wise man's mouth are gracious, but the lips of a fool shall swallow him up. Then I spotted Proverbs 29:20, Do you see a man hasty in his words? There is more hope for a fool than for him. Okay, God, I get it!

posted under |

2 comments:

Faith Caroline said...

This is a good reminder, for me, as well. Prayer and time work wonders :)

osovictoria said...

Good words to live by, and my the lord keep you in a state of grace. That was something I saw on 'Candid Camera' years ago. A New York taxi driver was being irritated by a woman (Candid Camera crew) and when he about had enough, he said, "Lord keep me in a state of grace" it has always stuck with me, that simple prayer.

God bless!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Swidget 1.0

Followers