Fine Feathers

It is not only fine feathers that make fine birds. ~Aesop
I really enjoy my girlier side. Clothes are fun, make up is fun, accessories are fun... I even sell jewelry! It's important to remind ourselves often that our outer image is not what makes us a good friend, partner, sister, human, whatever. Rather it's our inner qualities that speak the loudest. As a mom, I don't often have a lot of time for preening. That's fine, it comes with the phase of life I'm in. What's not fine is allowing that to be an excuse for not continuing personal growth. 
I think God blesses us in that our busiest times are often the testing grounds for things we have learned about or considered in quieter moments. So take courage, hang in there and know that even if tomorrow isn't a skinny day or a calm, reflective day, it is still a day where you can let your fine-ness show!

posted under |

1 comment:

MaryFaithPeace said...

Well said. Apt. Much-needed pick-me-up. On a backdrop of lovely Audubon birds.....

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Swidget 1.0

Followers