Ready to Fall

Lately there are a ton of Autumn treasuries popping up on Etsy. Here's one that I'm in today: http://www.etsy.com/treasury/MTQ3OTc4NzB8NjIwNjAxNDQ3/autum-is-the-best-time-of-year. I think everyone is tired of the heat. School has started, now it's time for the weather to chill as well. Of course, here in Florida we know we may still be sweating come Halloween or even Thanksgiving, God forbid!



When I think about fall, I think about caramel apples, leaf piles, carnivals (and then Something Wicked This Way Comes  by default and then Ray Bradbury and then aliens, so I'm way off track at this point!), and hayrides and bonfires. It's a very nostalgic train of thought. I'm still trying to figure out how I can relive one night in my youth that had most of those elements (add in some kissing on the hayride too for a dash of romance!). The silly thing is that if I looked back in my diary at that night, there was probably also some drama and teenage angst, but I don't remember any of that. Just like when I'm totally freezing in January, I probably won't remember the sweat mustache I've had since the end of March.

Oh, were you waiting for me to tie this into something spiritual or Etsy related? The best I've got is Philippians 4:11 "... I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am."  That's Paul saying that, I'm still working on it!

posted under |

3 comments:

sweetybird09 said...

Great post, your mind works like mine!!!!!!

I go from here to there when talking!!!

I live in San Diego, so I am not expecting much in the way of cooler weather till about December or so

Anonymous said...

Ummm yeah, I am SO ready for Fall lol. And I live in Florida too! I can testify to the fact that we're lucky if we get a cold Christmas ;)

Lauralee

GingerPeachT said...

Aww what a cute post. I deff love to think back on old teenage memories being at youth group with bonfires. :-)

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Swidget 1.0

Followers